US Olympic Swimming Trials and the LZR Racer

I've seen some of the trials and they've been really exciting for the most part. Lots of American and World Records have been broken...no doubt there will be some talk about the introduction of the Speedo LZR Racer (some styles AVAILABLE October 2008) which many of the athletes have already been sporting.

The LZRs are VERY pricey. When my 9 year old year-round swimmer saw a LZR technical suit in a magazine and blurted out that he wanted a LZR jammer (I completely understand the appeal). However, I dropped my jaw as I explained that there was no way he was going to get one. He was crushed...I was being practical. I can only imagine how sick I would feel if he lost one (the darn things are $260 - and that's for the jammer - the boy's high neck body-skin is $550!!!).

He decided it would be best to stick to his Speedo Endurance jammers which last so much longer than the regular Speedo suits.

Comments